Monday, April 11, 2011

Review North Coast Auto 8/30/10

My Review of Northcoast Auto Sales:
So I thought I found my dream car, a IS250. After talking to John on the phone and shooting off various e-mails with lots of questions, I thought I had the deal I wanted. I was coming from Michigan (about 250 miles away). I had the money order ready, and insurance in place. All I had left to do was test drive the car, and take it to the Lexus dealer for an inspection.

I get to North Coast and John greets me, and tells me he knows I had an appointment with Lexus and got the car super fast for me to drive. I get in with my friend and we decide to take it for a spin before we take it to the Lexus dealer.

I understand it is a used car, but man was this car USED. I'll assume North coast tried to detail the major problems in the car, but i'm sure my 2 year old nephew could use a crayon and do a better job. But that was not the biggest issue, as I could look past the interior. We stopped the car and did a walk around and thats where we noticed the problems which would be costly. Chewed up rims, which caused the tire pressure sensor to go off, as the tires constantly kept loosing pressure because they were not on the rims properly. Very worn tires which John told me were new and would get me through the winter no problem. Lastly John mentioned there was a panel that was replaced, but was not sure which one. After walking around the car for 2 min, it was OBVIOUS it was the front passenger panel/bumper. It was a VERY shitty job, as there was CONDENSATION in the headlight. At this point I could not overlook how costly this car would be to make it look new. We did not end up going to the Lexus dealer, as we made our decision.

We drove back and John told me to have a seat and he would be right back. I waited as Mike asked me if I was being helped, and I told him John was taking care of me. Suddenly John comes back telling Mike to take care of me, as he had something more important to do. Mike looked pissed at this point. I told Mike my concerns with the car, he said that the tires were fine, but all have different wear on them. He told me that chewed up rims are normal, because it happens when cars park and scrape the curb (who ever owned the car before must have been a moron, and couldn't park for shit!), and to mention that its normal, tells me Mike couldn't park a car. Lastly about the panel and Condensation in the headlight. Mike said its also normal and happens all the time. I"m sorry but I own a 10 year old Toyota and 4 year old BMW and its never happened. I don't expect that from a Lexus of all cars. In the end I told him this wasn't the car for me (NOTE: I was VERY polite this whole time). Mike seemed a little agitated at this point (I don't know why, this is his job), and said "I don't think you guys intended to come here to buy a car". I was shocked at this point. My friend mention to Mike that we came with CASH, and Mike replied "Uh Huh". Personally I felt I should have told him off, but i've never experience this kind of service before. Out of courtesy I looked around his lot to see if there was anything else I liked, but I was to pissed at that comment to buy anything from this dealer.

Now for all you people thinking, "oh you're bitching about the car, what did you expect from a auction dealer"...fyi I negotiated to only $400 below sticker, as I know dealers have mouths to feed (my uncle is a dealer). I could easily get this car for the price I wanted, probably in MUCH better condition. Lesson: Spend the extra $1000 and get a better car from a dealer that wants you to be happy, those dealers deserve the extra commission.

No comments:

Post a Comment